In order to drive safely, your engine should be inspected and serviced on a regular basis. Whether it’s a major overhaul, an oil change, or a tune-up, our engine service can ensure that your car is working the way it should be. Our skilled technicians will inspect your engine and determine the current vehicle performance, and we’ll make any adjustments that you need. From a simple repair to a complete overhaul, the experienced staff at The Shop Tire and Service Center in Elk River, MN can provide you with a wide range of engine services.
Take Care of Your Vehicle
Regular engine service will provide you with a wide range of benefits. First, your car will last longer and serve you for a longer period of time if you get regularly scheduled checkups, inspections, and preventative maintenance. In addition, quality engine service can provide you with a safer vehicle, a smoother ride, and improved fuel economy. By having these regular services performed, you can extend the life of your vehicle and save money in the long run. Combine this with good driving habits, and your vehicle should last you for many years into the future.
We know that no two cars are alike. There are plenty of factors that can determine the health of your engine including the number of miles driven, the age of your vehicle, and general wear and tear from road and weather conditions. However, there are some basic engine services that every vehicle owner should have to extend the life of their car. These services can include:
- Checking the spark plugs for wear. A healthy engine should have spark plugs that are in excellent condition with a light gray or tan-colored insulated firing nose. If they’re in good shape, the sparks should be easily igniting the fuel.
- Fuel filters should be checked for dirt and clogs. A dirty fuel filter can make it much more difficult for your engine to run smoothly and operate properly.
- The fuel pump should be inspected to ensure that it’s in good working order and there is no leaking or damage.
- All fuel injectors should be inspected and checked for dirt and other deposits. A fuel injector cleaning service can help, or they may need to be replaced.
- The engine timing and idle rate can be checked and adjusted if necessary.
- The PCV valve should be clean and free of leaks and clogging.
- The radiator and cooling system should be inspected to ensure that all parts are working, there are no leaks, and that it is cooling the engine effectively.