Whether you’ve had your car for many years or you’re considering buying a new one, a thorough vehicle inspection can ensure that your car runs safely and smoothly. With regular inspections, you can ensure that the main components are in good working order. Contact the experienced pros at The Shop Tire and Service Center in Elk River, MN where we have the know-how and background to thoroughly inspect any make and model. If you own an Asian or European vehicle, we’re able to inspect those, too.
Vehicle Inspection Basics
A quality vehicle inspection should cover a few basic components. These components include:
- Tires – We will check your tire’s tread, air pressure, and wear to determine the tires’ condition and see if you need to have anything repaired or replaced.
- Battery – We will take a close look at the battery voltage level, secure battery tie-downs and clean connectors. We will also perform a charge and discharge load test.
- Brakes – Our mechanics will check your brake fluid levels and inspect the breaks for any wear on the drums, rotors, and brake pads.
- Steering and suspension – A close examination of the power steering belt, fluid levels, and the power steering pump is conduction. We’ll also check for any possible fluid leaks.
- Exterior – Our mechanics will check the car’s exterior and look for any potential red flags or visible damage.
- Lights – We will ensure that all lights are in working order including headlights, taillights, and turn signals.
- Windshield wipers – The wipers will be checked for wear and tear as well as the wiper blades. We’ll also check and top off your windshield wiper fluid.
- Engine – Bring your vehicle in for a thorough engine inspection that includes a check for any leaks, damage, and other potential maintenance-related issues.
- Belts – We will look at all belts and try to find any cracks, fraying, or other wear and tear.
- Hoses – A good inspection includes looking at all hoses and finding any possible leaks or other potential problems.
- Exhaust system – We’ll take a look at your exhaust manifold, tailpipes, muffler, and the catalytic converter and look for damage, leaks, or cracks.
From your trusted means of transportation to a potential new car, our experienced staff can thoroughly inspect any make and model. With a quality inspection, you can save a lot of money in the future and you’ll have peace of mind whenever you drive and wherever you go.